So I was going through some of my stuff and I came across a Goal sheet that I had created for myself back in the fall. Let's just say that out of the 8 things on that list, I lived up to only one of them...and only recently.
I have decided that I am going to share most of them, and then add some new ones for 2010. I am thinking that maybe, just maybe, if I write it down here it will be like being accountable to someone? I am going to give it a shot!
Here is my original list of goals:
This is regarding my home business with Usana Health Sciences
- Reach the level of Achiever by the end of December
- Dedicate at least one full day per week to Usana
- Attend Convention in 2010 - Get the Early Bird Special (I can still do that one!)
- Take a minimum of one fitness class per week
- Get back into Pilates
- Make one new healthy/organic recipe per week
- Connect with old friends more often
- Keep room/workspace organized
There you have it. As you can you probably tell there is an overall theme of health and wellness; that is because this is a large part of my life. About 5 years ago now I began my weight loss journey. I lost 30lbs in total. To some that is not a whole lot, but on my small frame, 30lbs makes all the difference in the world.
What some people may not realize, is that keeping the weight off takes a lot more work than actually losing it! I have to be very careful about what food I put into my mouth and how much exercise I get. Not to mention that I have serious digestion problems and if I eat too much bread or even ice cream (Gluten and Dairy), my stomach begins to look like that of a malnourished child in Africa. I wish I was exaggerating, but I'm not. It's really annoying. I spend my life figuring out what I can and cannot eat. The more natural the better!
Over the years I have become very passionate about health, nutrition and weight loss. After my successful weight loss I worked at Herbal Magic as a Health Counselor. It was wonderful to be able to help people reach their goals.
I learned to love exercise too. 7am Bootcamp? Bring it on!!!! I learned to love the burn! I'll never forget having to walk home through the streets of downtown Toronto after my first Bootcamp class, my legs were noodles! I must have looked so ridiculous, but I felt amazing! I also couldn't move for a week.
Now that I have a job that takes up much of my time, I have my small home business on the side with Usana Health Sciences. You get what you put into it. I have been putting my other job first, but I fully intend on keeping my business and slowly building it. I believe in it 100%. By the way, if you ever need some amazingly awesome Vitamins and Supplements contact me! I can hook you up! ;)
Now for my 2010 Goals that I will definitely add to as the year progresses:
- Dedicate at least one day a week to Usana
- I will attend Convention in August.
- Keep in touch with old friends
- Make new friends
-- Two Girls and a Blog are going to be a CMW hit this year! (We are working on big interviews, a new website, Twitter is up and running, hiring a Videographer, Business cards etc)
- I will achieve the body I want this year. (I am already working really hard! Off to a great start)
- Be comfortable in a Bikini by Summer (goes hand in hand with the previous post)
- Travel to at least one more place on my travel destination list (Already hit up Las Vegas!!!!)
- At some point I want to start dating again, I would like a relationship. One where I am NOT settling and they have most, if not all of the qualities I am looking for (as of right now I am not actively looking, but I do want to meet a good guy!!! There's gotta be one out there right?!?!)
- Laugh a lot
- Make new and healthy/organic recipes as often as possible
- Read lots (Currently reading Dear John by Nicholas Sparks. Up next is The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown)
- Practice my craft more often
This year I am going to be more positive and just love life. Last year was shit. 2010 is going to be different. I am making 2010 different! Nobody wants to see the Scerina that existed last year. Especially me.
Now that I have made my goals public, lets see how well I do at keeping them. Time will tell. I am now accountable to you, whoever you are.