Saturday, March 27, 2010

Just a Dream

I had this dream last night...actually it was this morning after I woke up too early and forced myself to go back to sleep. That never really works by the way, I always end up more tired! Anyhow, the dream was about standing up to my childhood bully. I had several, but she is the worst, its her torment that sticks with me to this day.

In the dream I was walking down a hall, I had just been talking to someone, possibly on the phone and there she is standing there. "Shut up!" she says to me out of nowhere. I stopped dead in my tracks and for the first time in my life I stood up to her. I said 'NO! We're 27 and you're still acting like a child? Grow the fuck up!' She said something in response, but I don't remember that part. I should have written about this when first woke up, you know how it is.

If only I had that kind of courage when I was 12. Or 23, when she prank called my family home several times after she saw that I wasn't fat anymore...apparently she didn't like me skinny either. I always hope that karma will kick in someday....

I can honestly say that if someday our paths cross again, I will have the courage to stand up to her if the opportunity presents itself. At least one of us grew up.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment