Thursday, January 5, 2012

Solo in NYC!

I love New York. Anybody who knows me, know that. I had been absolutely aching to go back to NYC for quite some time so I decided that I needed to go back to experience Christmas time in NYC once again, after all it had been a full 3 years since my last visit. 

There is just something about Christmas time in New York. It's the energy of the city, the Rockefeller Christmas Tree, the Radio City Christmas Spectacular, and all of the fancy window displays along 5th Avenue just to name a few. It's simply magical.

This visit was a little different from my previous visits though; this time I went solo. There were times when I wished there was someone there to experience it with me, but I actually really enjoyed my time alone. I got to do what wanted, when I wanted. It was fantastic! 

After I got to my hotel around dinner time, I unpacked my stuff, and headed right to Rockefeller to go skating. The line was huge! But while I was waiting in line, something amazing happened. They cleared the ice so they could clean it, but then all of the sudden some romantic song came on (I wish I could remember what it was) and this couple had the ice all to themselves. Next thing you know, he is down on one knee proposing in front of thousands of people! She said yes! It was one of the most romantic things I have ever seen. 

On my first full day I walked around the city. I walked for miles, just exploring. I had a nice lunch by myself in a tea shop, called Radiance Tea which I had read about before going. I walked through Central Park, shopped and just really enjoyed the day. I ended the day by going to see the Radio City Christmas Spectacular, which was nothing short of spectacular! I even got my photo taken with Santa! 

Some other things I did during my short trip were going to the American Museum of Natural History and seeing "Tornado Alley" in IMAX. That was something to see for sure. Incredible. It was fittingly narrated by Bill Paxton (from Twister). I also went to see "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" on Broadway starring Daniel Radcliffe and John Larroquette. It was absolutely brilliant. Really gotta give Daniel Radcliffe kudos for this one, 8 shows a week for 10 months. That's pretty amazing. He's done his run now though, but they have some other young heartthrobs lined up for this year (like Darren Criss and Nick Jonas). I spent my last day just taking it all in, shopped some more, chilled out in Central Park, and people watched. 
If anyone has ever dreamed about seeing NYC at Christmas, just do it. There's nothing else quite like it! I can't wait to go back again...except maybe I'll go when it's nice and warm out! 


xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment