Friday, April 2, 2010

A Wake-Up Call

I was on set of a music video as an "extra" earlier this week. There was 6 girls in total.

I have been doing a lot of thinking recently about my career goals and being in this video just proved something to me. I will always be the background performer. Never the talent. As a petite brunette I am constantly looked over. I am just not cut out for TV.

I was placed at the back of the pack and all of the blondes and a stunning edgy redhead were front and centre. That's what happens on set. I have been in several movies/TV shows/music videos in the past and nothing has changed. Now don't get me wrong, I had a blast and enjoyed every minute of being there, this was just a realization...a wake up call.

After they yelled "that's a wrap!" the first AD or producer or something walked up to the stunning edgy redhead and shook her hand and told her what a pleasure it was to work with her (for 30 minutes) and he just praised her hardcore. Then he looked at me and said "thanks." We did the same job. It was at that moment that I realized that things will never change.

Oh well, the video will still be awesome. I am so happy that I was apart of it.

That's showbiz!

No comments:

Post a Comment